MySQL ODBC connector not found

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
sese

MySQL ODBC connector not found

Post by sese »

Hi,
I'm a software engineer from Germany, and currently, in my free time, I create a nice little tool to display all dives in a clean web application if you want to share them publicly.

Diving Log is a great software for dive input and management, and I would love to export the data directly into a MySQL database!
I discovered the MySQL export feature in the software, but I ran into a bug I can't resolve myself.

Trying to upload via ODBC to a MySQL server, the program errors with: "MySQL ODBC Connector 5.3 not found.".
The ODBC connector is installed.
I'm on Windows 11 22H2 (Build 22621.819), and I'll attach additional screenshots and information which might help you debug the issue.

If the error is on my side, please let me know what I can change or configure to make the ODBC connection work.

Thank you for creating this great software Diving Log!
Sebastian
Attachments
MI6SJ9uVjIeWE8jy.jpg
MI6SJ9uVjIeWE8jy.jpg (24.63 KiB) Viewed 7401 times
DUBrDWLERjzKUeLp.png
DUBrDWLERjzKUeLp.png (19.3 KiB) Viewed 7401 times
A2iejh0VXacfO00l.png
A2iejh0VXacfO00l.png (92.3 KiB) Viewed 7401 times
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: MySQL ODBC connector not found

Post by divinglog »

Please have a look at the "Driver" tab:

Image1.png
Image1.png (18.59 KiB) Viewed 7388 times
sese

Post by sese »

@divinglog thank you for your reply.
After installing the EXACT version of your screenshot, the driver was recognized and the upload succeeded!

Maybe there is an issue detecting newer versions.

The issue is resolved.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

Yes, it's possible, I haven't worked on the MySQL export since a few years. But version 5.3 should normally work, that was the last time I updated it.
divinglog
Site Admin

Post by divinglog »

OK, I found out why the driver wasn't detected. You have to install the 32-bit version of the driver, even if you have a 64-bit OS.

I've now also implemented version 8.0 of the ODBC driver. You can download the latest update from here and copy the content into the Diving Log 6.0 program folder. Then you will find "8.0 Unicode" and "8.0 ANSI" driver in the export settings.