Command line

Discussions about Diving Log 6.0 - questions and hints
WileCoyote

Command line

Post by WileCoyote »

Hi !

I'm trying to have some automation in my "after dive work" (retrieving pictures from GoPro and camera, ...). One step is obviously download dive data from my computer into divinglog.

Is there (or could there be) an option in command line to do so, such like

Code: Select all

C:\...\DivingLog.exe /import <name> /nb <n>
where <name> is one from the import shortcuts as in the circle in the attached picture and <n> is the number of dives to import from the most recent one.
Attachments
DivingLog Import capture
DivingLog Import capture
01.png (57.18 KiB) Viewed 7781 times
https://fr.divelogs.de/timeline/EricKlasen
divinglog
Site Admin

Re: Command line

Post by divinglog »

Hi

There is already command line support, however not in a way to automatically import dives. To automatically launch the last used import dialog, you can either right click the taskbar shortcut and select "Import":

Image1.png
Image1.png (65.14 KiB) Viewed 7779 times

Or you can use these command line arguments (which is like clicking the shortcut item):

Code: Select all

"Path\to\Divelog.exe" Task:Import
Available Task Commands: "Import", "Download", "Logbook", "Statistics", "Equipment", "Settings"

I think automatically importing X number of dives should be possible, however you would have to dynamically adjust the number for each import or Diving Log would have to auto detect new dives (which is certainly possible).
WileCoyote

Re: Command line

Post by WileCoyote »

Hi ! Thanks for this answer. Sorry for not having replied sooner.

I'll try this.

If you could add the capability to choose x last dives or new ones (as it is the easier for you), this should be great.

Thanks again.
https://fr.divelogs.de/timeline/EricKlasen